🍆 Sharing some aubergine deliciousness with all you amazing people! After a few tries, this came out great.
🍆 The Aubergine was marinated in our special maple miso sauce, baked in the oven for 20 minutes. After that it was topped with some red pepper, onion, cauliflower and broccoli, and again baked for 30 minutes.
🍆 The maple miso sauce beautifully tenderized the aubergine and infused so much flavour. You can get this flavour bomb from our website link in the bio. Here is the recipe:
Ingredients for the Baked Aubergine
- 3 small to medium aubergines
- ½ a diced red pepper
- ½ an onion finely chopped
- ½ cup chopped broccoli
- ½ cup chopped cauliflower
- ½ a lemon
- 6 grape tomatoes cut in half
Maple Miso Sauce
- 1 tbsp white miso paste
- 1 tbsp yellow mustard
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
Mix all ingredients to form a sauce
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Cut the aubergines into equal halves lengthwise and generously apply the miso maple sauce on the cut side.
- Take a baking tray with parchment paper and brush a bit of olive oil on it. Place the aubergines with the cut side up (with the sauce applied) in the tray, and put the tray in the oven. Cook for 20 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, add the red pepper, onion, cauliflower, broccoli and the miso maple sauce. Combine well.
- After the aubergines have cooked for 20 minutes, take them out while still keeping them on the tray. Spoon in the mixture on top of the eggplants generously. Add the halved grape tomatoes on the aubergine.
- Place the tray back in the oven and cook for another 25- 30 minutes or until the aubergines are fully cooked.
- Take the tray out of the oven, garnish with some fresh cilantro and squeeze of lemon juice.
🍆 If you try this recipe, let us know in the comments. And, don’t forget to tag a photo @plant_astic_food on Instagram.
🌐 To receive unique and delicious plant based recipes, sign up for our newsletter. We stay away from spamming!