😋 Recipe alert!
Thai yellow curry with crispy tempeh on a bed of steamed kale.
Made with real whole food ingredients and ZERO OIL!
For the curry paste
1 tbsp roasted cumin powder
1 tbsp roasted coriander powder
4 cloves garlic
2 stalks of finely chopped lemongrass
1/4 tsp turmeric
1 red / green chilly (we used fresh)
Juice of a 1/2 of lime
For the tempeh
1 cup tempeh
1/4 cup cilantro
2 tbsp tomato paste
1 tbsp soy sauce/tamari/liquid seasoning
1/2 a red onion sliced
1 cup vegetable stock
1 cup coconut milk
1 tbsp miso paste
1 tbsp tahini
1 tbsp maple syrup
1/2 cup tofu (optional)
1/2 cup baby corn (optional)
2 cups cooked brown rice
1/2 bunch kale
- Add all the ingredients to a mortar and pestle or a blender. Form a coarse paste. Keep aside.
- In a pan, add the shallots. Add a bit of vegetable stock if the onion starts to stick to the pan. Add the chilly once the onion is translucent. Cook for 1-2 minutes. Add 1 -2 tsp vegetable stock to prevent sticking.
- Add 3 tbsp of the curry paste and stir until the paste releases aroma
- Add a cup of vegetable stock and simmer for 10-15 minutes on low.
- In the meantime, chop the tempeh into small cubes and add to a pan on medium heat. Add the tomato paste, soy sauce and fresh cilantro. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add a drizzle of the maple syrup. This is when the magic happens!
- The maple syrup will almost become caramelized sticking to the tempeh. Take the pan of the heat and add some chopped cilantro.
- Now, add the miso paste, tahini and coconut milk and simmer for 10 mins to meld all the flavours together.
- Clean the Kale leaves and add to the same pan that you cooked the tempeh in. Cook for a minute until the leaves turn a deep green. Remove the kale.
- Now add the tofu and the baby corn to the curry and keep on the heat for 2 mins.
- To assemble, take the serving dish and add kale followed by cooked brown rice. Then add the tempeh on one side and the curry on the other. Garnish with cilantro and red chilly if you like extra heat.
If you try this recipe, let us know in the comments. And, don’t forget to tag a photo @plant_astic_food on Instagram.
#vegan #veganfoodshare #plantbased #veganfood #whatveganseat #healthy #eatclean #food
#vancouverfoodie #gastropostvan #vancityeats #yvreats #foodie #foodporn #buzzfeast #vanfoodie #foodforfoodies