🥘 Want some curry love?
We made this delicious & authentic plant-based cauliflower tikka masala. No animals were harmed 💚
- Half a head of cauliflower chopped into medium-sized florets
- Half cup cashews
- 3 medium tomatoes chopped
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 cup non-dairy yogurt
- 1 thumb-size piece of ginger
- 1 small green chilly (optional)
- Cooked brown rice
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 clove
- 10-15 whole black pepper
- 3 green cardamoms
- 1 black cardamom (optional)
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp chickpea flour
- 1 tbsp chopped cilantro
- Form a paste by grinding the ginger, garlic and chilly
- Add the cauliflower to a bowl and add the ginger-garlic paste, salt, turmeric, cumin powder, coriander powder, non-dairy yogurt, garam masala and chickpea flour
- Mix well, cover and keep in the fridge for a minimum of 1 hour
- Meanwhile, toast the whole spices on low heat in a pan. When you smell the aroma, turn the heat off and remove from the pan and keep aside
- Take a skillet and place it on medium heat. Add a cup of water, cashews, tomatoes and onions. Let it come to a boil
- Cover and cook on low for 10 mins
- Add the toasted whole spices and cook for 5 minutes
- Turn off the heat. Let the mixture cool down
- In meantime, take the marinated cauliflower and add them a lightly oiled grill pan on medium heat. Cook the cauliflower until soft but not mushy.
- Remove the bayleaf and cardamom from the tomato mixture. Grind the mixture in a blender until it's smooth.
- Add the mixture back to the skillet and place the skillet on medium heat. Add water if the mixture is too thick. Bring it to a boil and add the cauliflower. Cook it on low for 5 minutes.
- Take a dish, add the rice to the bottom, and layer the tikka masala on the rice. Garnish with cilantro!
If you try this recipe, let us know in the comments. And, don’t forget to tag a photo @plant_astic_food on Instagram.
🌐 To receive unique and delicious plant based recipes, subscribe to our newsletter. We stay away from spamming!
#plantbased #crueltyfree #vegetarian #veganlife #vegansofig #veganfood #veganfoodshare #whatveganseat
#vegetarianrecipes #vegandinner #veganfoodporn #letscookvegan #veganrecipe #veganfoodlovers #bestofvegan #plantbasedrecipes
#yvrvegan #vancouverplantbased #vancouvervegans #plantbasedvancouver #vancityvegans #vegansofvancouver